Posted by crankbunny on February 12, 2015
Cute (calorie free) cupcakes! This fun full color paper template makes a sweet 3-D cupcake paper diorama. Perfect to make for a last minute Valentine's Day gift!!!
This happy cupcake paper toy seems to scream out "YAY! Eat me! I love you!." Remember to customize this festive paper toy by adding a sweet message to the top decorative cupcake banner.
Plenty of FIBER!
A perfect project for a Valentine's Day weekend this year! 2015 is about LOVE baby!!!
>> Download PDF template. (Right click then "Save As")
Download and print the free printable pattern on cardstock or thick inkjet / laser color paper.
*Tip* If the printing paper is thin - you can also glue it to another plain sheet of paper to give it more support. We like spray adhesive since it's easy to put down a thin layer of glue evenly.
>> Materials and Tools Needed
Craft Knife ( aka Exacto blade pen)
Template printed out on thick paper
Old dry pen to score paper
Cut & Prep
1. Carefully cut out all the paper parts from the printed template. Cut along the thick outline with scissors. Do not cut on the dashed lines.
2. Use a craft knife / exacto knife to cut the D, E, G, H and F slots on the paper parts.
3. Score the dotted lines on each paper part using an old dry pen that has no ink.
4. Customize the cupcake. It is a good time to personalize and add a fun message to the cupcake banner now while that part is flat. Decorate the inside or simple write a pretty message inside the BANNER. Once the cupcake is built, it will be hard to decorate the banner.
5. Fold all the scored paper parts. You will want to fold and tuck all the slotted TABS G, F, D, C, H and E into themselves. For the cupcake base fold the four marked STAR TABS halfway in so they act like paper legs for the BASE.
6. Start by slotting in the tucked in TABS H, G and F into the cupcake base marked SLOTS H, G and F. Once the tabs are slipped into the slots, open the tab arms back out.
7. Continue by slotting in the tucked in TABS D, C, and E into the marked SLOTS D, C, and E. Fold the tab arms out once they are slotted. *TAB C will fit into the hole made by the STAR TAB leg being folded in.
8. Final Step! Slot the A and B SNIPS on the BANNER into the the A and B SNIPS on the BACKGROUND of the cupcake. This final move will attach the banner to the top of the cupcake like a marquee sign.
Wala - Finished!
Adjust the legs on the cupcake so it stands up straight and tall!
© NORMA V. TORAYA / CRANKBUNNY 2014
All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.
You may share this website by any of the following means:
1. Using any of the share icons at the bottom of each page (Google Mail, Blogger, Twitter, Facebook, GoogleBuzz);
2. Providing a back-link or the URL of the content you wish to disseminate; and
3. You may quote extracts from the website with attribution to http://www.crankbunny.com
For any other mode of sharing, please contact the author at the email below.
Commercial use and distribution of the contents of the website is not allowed without express and prior written consent of the author.
*Importante!*The online stores will be closed from Feb 7th to May 2015. Crankbunny will be directing / animating until May to help with the next Rush R40 tour that starts in May. This will be almost ten years of working with the band on their stadium projections. Animation trumps paper for the next few months folks! Click here to see [...]
Lucky 7 Ball Pop Up answers all questions! Fortune, love and surprises. Shake and get a personalized response.This year's new Valentine card is based on the classic Magic 8 Ball toy. Totally personalized for any special event. Customize the question and answer part of this Lucky 7 Ball pop up card. It is a functioning Magic 8 [...]
Crankbunny Shop will be closed February 7th to February 14th.Last day to place an order is February 7th.All items in the shop are handmade by one person. No interns, no hipster elves. Feel free to contact the shop before placing an order if you have questions. The shop drops off at the post office everyday Monday [...]
Special paper dolls and paper puppets were made for the art show "I Am Doll Parts" at Rivet Gallery located in Columbus, Ohio. The paper doll themed show is from Jan 3 to Jan 31 2015. It features unique pieces by Crankbunny and fellow doll artists Mab Graves and Angie Mason.The Crankbunny pieces in the I Am Doll Parts [...]
Sometimes you're hunting and hunting (...sometimes at the last minute, we've all been there) and you find the perfect gift online! AND WAIT - you find that perfect item in the Crankbunny online store.The Crankbunny Shop now has a *Rush Service* available for most items in the online store.Many customers in the past have asked [...]
Happy Holidays!The online Crankbunny shop is officially closed up for the rest of the year for holiday travel, restocking and making! The shop will be back open Jan 3rd with PLENTY MORE cards, robots and paper puppets on sale.All orders placed before Dec 15th have shipped before /or on Dec 15th. Tracking and shipping notification have [...]
Orders need 2 to 3 Business Days for magic dusting & processing & packaging before they ship out. Orders will not ship immediately after an order is placed unless arranged with the shop directly through email. Business Days are Monday - Friday. Crankbunny Shop will be closed December 15 - Jan 3rd.Last day to place an order is December [...]
Prints of the Crankbunny portrait for Bianca / BarkBuddy PupArt Bark & Co’s first ever art show are now available!At Bark & Co, we canine connoisseurs have a unique appreciation for dogs in culture. Our headquarters feature a rotating display of doggy-inspired art from a variety of talented artists. We are proud and excited to open the [...]
SSOPC AT MAKER FAIRE ATLANTA!WHAT?! That is correct! Crankbunny will have a Secret Society of Paper Cuts booth at the Makerfaire Altanta October 4 and 5th.Featuring both established and emerging local “Makers,” the Atlanta Maker Faire started by MAKE Magazine is a FREE family-friendly celebration featuring speakers, workshops, and exhibition booths. What you can expect is [...]
Every Thursday a new How-To Tutorial of a fun paper craft project is posted for download. Feel free to the check out the archive of tutorials for past downloads templates.
This free download series of pop up cards, paper toys and paper puppets templates is brought to you by The Secret Society of Paper Cuts!
Learn more and preview the SSoPC how-to paper craft book!